Students struggling with using fraction models to explain WHY two fractions are equivalent?
…there is a CAP for that!
View the “Train the Trainer” video on “Equivalent Fractions” below to ensure that your instruction has truly met the depth of the 4th grade MAFS standards. Yes, these trainings were written for the benefit of parents, but many of the suggestions will be useful when planning to review critical areas at the end of 4th grade to prepare students for 5th.
Follow the steps below to access the 4th grade “Equivalent Fractions CAP (Connecting Academics & Parents)” training materials, including the powerpoint and ancillary resources.
• Step 1: Log into your ideas account.
• Step 2: Go to the Elementary Mathematics Icon.
• Step 3: Click on the “CAP Connecting Academics and Parents” icon.
• Step 4: Click on “Grade 4 CAP Math Parent Workshops”.
• Step 5: Click on 4th CAP “Equivalent Fractions”.
• Step 6: From there, explore the folder to access all the resources you would need to implement the training, including the powerpoint.