Click here to view the Spanish version: https://youtu.be/iLQY4K-zIB4
In This Unit of Study…
Students solve multistep real-world problems that involve converting measurement units to equivalent measurements within a single system of measurement. Students are not expected to memorize the conversions. Conversions include length, time, volume, and capacity represented as whole numbers, fractions, and decimals.
- MA.5.M.1.1 Solve multistep real-world problems that involve converting measurement units to equivalent measurements within a single system of measurement.
- I can reason that changing the form of a measurement by using different units does not change the size or amount of the quantity being measured.
- I can decide and explain if a converted amount will be more or less than the original unit before making the actual conversion.
- I can use unit conversions to solve multistep problems.
- I can use my experience using tools to measure length, time, volume, and capacity with both metric and customary units to understand the general size of a unit of measure.
- I can use a visual model, such as a table or tape diagram, to reason about the conversion of units.
Dive in Five video embed