Have you checked out the CAP Parent Trainings on the Elementary Mathematics Icon?
Don’t worry….it’s not too late!
While it is true that these trainings were designed with parents in mind, each training also has an accompanying “Train the Trainer” video, that you may find has some valuable instructional tips for you as the teacher. View the video for “Multi-digit Multiplication” below to ensure that your instruction has truly met the depth of the 4th grade MAFS standards. Many of the suggestions may be beneficial when planning for the reviewing of critical areas at the end of 4th grade to prepare students for 5th.
Follow the steps below to access the 4th grade “Strategies for Multi-digit Multiplication CAP (Connecting Academics & Parents)” training materials, including the powerpoint and ancillary resources.
• Step 1: Log into your ideas account.
• Step 2: Go to the Elementary Mathematics Icon.
• Step 3: Click on the “CAP Connecting Academics and Parents” icon.
• Step 4: Click on “Grade 4 CAP Math Parent Workshops”.
• Step 5: Click on 4th CAP “Strategies for Multi-digit Multiplication”.