For access to prior Math Bowl questions click here: Retired Math Bowl Questions
2021-21 Math Bowl: Grades 1-5
Although we won’t be together as a large group to celebrate collaborative problem solving and compete at the district Math Bowl in person, we want to provide the resources to help you bring this experience to your students at your school site.
Each school may send one team per grade level just as in past years.
Due to the current health status in the district, all upcoming events, including the Math Bowl, will be virtual. A Virtual Math Bowl training will occur through Zoom on a date to be announced prior to Math Bowl. Math Bowl sponsors must attend to get the relevant information.
2nd Grade: Tuesday, March 8th 9:00am through Zoom.
1st Grade: Wednesday, March 9th 9:00am through Zoom.
This year all schools registered for Math Bowl will receive:
- PDF files of all problems for easy printing and scanning of answers on Math Bowl date.
- 1 Set of Math Bowl swag per grade level for the team representing your school at the district competition.
- Medals and trophies teams earn will be sent out to schools immediately following Math Bowl. (You may have heard some trophies were hand delivered strategically…wink, wink)
- The pride of seeing the kids’ joy as they compete in the Math Bowl!
Cost of Math Bowl:
- $50 per participating grade level or free with a school membership to the Hillsborough Council of Teachers of Mathematics (HCTM)
Math Bowl Shirts:
- Different Math Bowl shirt designs will be sold throughout the year through Bonfire: https://www.bonfire.com/store/math-council-swag/
Document on the registration form how you will submit payment. Choices are:
- FREE: Your school already paid for a HCTM school membership
- $50 per grade level team submitted via school mail to our HCTM treasurer: Margaret (Peggy) Berridge @ Town and Country Elementary, Route 2
- Make checks payable to HCTM