2021-21 Math Bowl: Grades 1-5
Although we won’t be together as a large group to celebrate collaborative problem solving and compete at the district Math Bowl in person, we want to provide the resources to help you bring this experience to your students at your school site.
There will be a virtual district-wide Math Bowl for grades 3-5 in December. Each school may send one team per grade level just as in past years. Grades 1-2 may be in person in the spring, depending on the health status in the district.
This year all schools registered for Math Bowl will receive:
- A link to a video with tips on preparing your students for Math Bowl and running a school Math Bowl competition
- 5 competition PowerPoints (Grades 1-5)
- PDF copies of all 55 problems for easy printing
- Sets of prizes per grade level for district-wide virtual or in person teams representing your school.
- The pride of seeing the kids’ joy as they compete in the Math Bowl!
Cost of MathBowl:
- $50 per participating grade level or free with a school membership to the Hillsborough Council of Teachers of Mathematics (HCTM)
- Different MathBowl shirt designs will be sold throughout the year at: https://www.bonfire.com/store/math-council-swag/
Document on the registration form how you will submit payment. Choices are:
- FREE: Your school already paid for a HCTM school membership
- $50 per grade level team submitted via school mail to our HCTM treasurer: Margaret (Peggy) Berridge @ Town and Country Elementary, Route 2
- Make checks payable to HCTM