Click here for the Spanish version: https://youtu.be/7OtQ7p6_Sms
In This Unit of Study…
Students identify and draw figures based on a given set of attributes. Figures include triangles, quadrilaterals (squares, rectangles, rhombuses, parallelograms, and trapezoids), pentagons, and hexagons. They will categorize two-dimensional figures based on their definable attributes by using formal and informal language. Students will also identify lines of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure.
- MA.2.NSO.2.1 Recall addition facts with sums to 20 and related subtraction facts with automaticity
- MA.2.GR.1.1 Identify and draw two-dimensional figures based on their defining attributes. Figures are limited to triangles, rectangles, squares, pentagons, hexagons and octagons.
- MA.2.GR.1.2 Categorize two-dimensional figures based on the number and length of sides, number of vertices, whether they are closed or not and whether the edges are curved or straight.
- MA.2.GR.1.3 Identify line(s) of symmetry for a two-dimensional figure.
Overarching Key Concepts:
- Fluency: Solve addition and subtraction facts using an efficient strategy to build fluency to 20
- Identify, categorize, and draw two-dimensional figures
- Identify and explain line(s) of symmetry in two-dimensional figures