In 3rd grade students are developing understanding of fractions. Previously in 1st & 2nd grade they have decomposed shapes into equal parts and described them using fraction language, but in 3rd grade is the first year they represent the fractions numerically with both a numerator and denominator.
CAP Parent Trainings (Connecting Academics & Parents) were created to increase teacher knowledge of different concepts and also could be used to train parents on how to help their child at home. The fraction training is a great one to deepen everyone’s knowledge of understanding fractions.
Follow the steps below to access the “CAP” (Connecting Academics & Parents) 3rd Grade Fraction Parent Training for more information on strategies for developing understanding and much much more!
• Step 1: Log into your ideas account.
• Step 2: Go to the Elementary Mathematics Icon.
• Step 3: Click on the CAP Connecting Academics and Parents icon.
• Step 4: Click on Grade 3 CAP Math Parent Workshops.
• Step 5: Click on 3rd CAP Session 5 Fractions.
• Step 6: From there explore the folder to access all the resources you would need to implement the training and the powerpoints. Use as teachers to help you plan or implement the training.